During the peak of the iPhone Antenna-Gate, Steve Jobs announced that all iPhone 4 owners will get a free bumper until September 30, 2010. This is put the death grip issue behind. US, Australia, UK, Spain, HK, Singapore and other first world countries that got the iPhone 4 first automatically gets a bumper.
When Globe Telecom launched the iPhone 4 last Friday and Sunday, I asked several Globe representatives how I can get the free bumper. They said that Globe and Apple didn’t have any agreement to give away free bumpers in the Philippines. Luckily I got Php1,000 PowerMac GC for each iPhone 4 I got last Friday.
Anyways, I researched on how to get the iPhone 4 free bumpers and learned that I need to follow this procedure:
- You have to have an existing US, UK, Singapore, HK or Australia iTunes account.
- You have a shipping address in those countries.
- The iPhone 4 Case Program app from the app store (NOT available in the Philippine App Store)
- Install the App to your iPhone 4
- Log in to your US iTunes account
- Make sure you have a valid US shipping address
- Open the Case Program app
- Choose from at least 5 different cases available (different shipping dates for each casing)
- Confirm order
There you have it! Your free bumper will ship in 2-3 weeks’ time.
I ordered 2 different cases by using 2 iPhone 4s I got last Friday. The first 1 is the regular Apple black Bumper that will ship in 1-2 weeks and another one from Speck, Fitted Case shipping in 2-3 weeks.
I got an email confirmation from Apple that I’ll be getting the iPhone 4 cases in 2 different dates, Oct. 15 and 22.
But today, I got another email from Apple — a shipping notification email that says I should expect the Black Apple Bumper next Monday, October 4.
PS. The free bumper program will end September 30! Goodluck!