Wii Sports Resort has more games, more gimmicks, and more action than your wrists can handle. That’s not to say, however, that it’s not good, because it’s more fun to play with than a barrel of monkeys – on pot.
Wii Sports Resort is literally an island getaway in the comfort of your living room. Twelve sports/disciplines await you in the confines of the beautiful and idyllic Wuhu Island:
- Air Sports (Sky Diving, Island Flyover, Dogfight)
- Archery (Archery)
- Basketball (3-point contest, Pickup game)
- Bowling (Bowling, 100-pin game, Spin Control)
- Canoeing (Speed Challenge, VS)
- Cycling (Road Race, VS)
- Frisbee (Frisbee Dog, Frisbee Golf)
- Golf (Golf)
- Power Cruising (Slalom Course, VS)
- Swordplay (Duel, Speed Slice, Showdown)
- Table Tennis (Match, Return Challenge)
- Wakeboarding (Wakeboarding)
While the games are generally enjoyable – as can be expected from the ever playful nature of Nintendo – not all make full use of the WMP’s added capabilities. Some games could have played well even if they were part of the original Wii Sports. Others, however, take the Wii to new heights.
Picks of the litter
The number of games, levels, and stages in Wii Sports Resort is overwhelming so we’ll round up the best of the lot for your benefit.