We have good news for you. We just got confirmation that Nokia Philippines will finally launch the much-awaited Nokia N8 on October 15. Whew. At least now we have a date, besides the “sign up to be notified for the Nokia N8 preorder” message on its website.
But as if that isn’t enough to tickle our fancy, Nokia Philippines said that them folks will also be showing other smartphones to the media. What they are, we don’t know yet. You can speculate all you want in the comments section below.
Now back to the Nokia N8. For those who have been living under a rock for the past few months, it is Nokia’s first handset to run the new Symbian^3 OS. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as they say. The device will reportedly have unparalleled shooting prowess in mobile phones via its 12-megapixel camera, larger image sensor, and HD recording capabilities. And it’s quite fast, too, thanks to the Symbian^3’s ability to maximize its GPU [graphics processing unit] to the hilt.
Take a look at the Nokia N8’s specs.
- 2G: Quadband GSM
- 3G: 3.5G HSDPA
- Type: capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 3.5-inch widescreen
- Resolution: 640 x 360 pixels
- Internal: 16GB
- Expansion:microSD up to 32GB
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth. ver. 2.1 with A2DP (stereo)
- Cable: USB 2.0
- GPS: yes with A-GPS
- Input: capacitive touchscreen
- Stills Resolution: 12 megapixels
- Flash: xenon
- Autofocus: yes
- Geo-tagging: yes
- Video Recording: 1280 x 720p
- Operating System: Symbian^3
- Audio Formats Supported: MP3,AAC,eAAC, eAAC+,WMA,AMR-WB, DRM support, DRM: OMA DRM 2.0
- Video Formats Supported: H.264, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.263, Real Video, 10, ON2 VP6, Flash video
- Battery Life
- Talk: up to 12 hours
- Standby: up to 400 hours
- Size: 113.5 x 59.12 x 12.9mm
- Weight: 135g
So yeah, this basically means that next week is officially “new mobile phones week” here in the country, what with Cherry Mobile and Sony Ericsson Philippines also unveiling theirs in a few days. Are you excited? We definitely are… to the nth degree.