Making its first appearance at the IFA 2010 in Berlin, the Samsung Galaxy 551 (I5510) is said to be hitting Philippine store shelves this month for the retail price of P15,990. Now that’s quite easy on the pocket and shouldn’t eat up your 13th-month pay.
For those who are not familiar with the Galaxy 551, this baby only features mid-range specs such as a 3.2-inch capacitive touch screen with 240 x 400-pixel resolution and a 3-megapixel camera. (It sits in between the Galaxy S and the Galaxy 5.) But what makes it different is that it holds the distinction of being the first full-QWERTY slider in Sammy’s Galaxy line. And hell yeah, it comes with Android 2.2 Froyo out of the box! Now that’s surely a welcome change from most of the Android phones that have arrived in the Philippines. Nice, eh? See the Samsung Galaxy 551’s full specs below.
- 2G: Quadband GSM
- 3G: HSDPA 2100
- Processor: 667MHz
- Type: TFT capacitive touch screen
- Size: 3.2 inches
- Resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
- Colors: 256,000
- Internal: 160MB
- Expansion: microSD, up to 32GB
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g with DLNA
- Bluetooth: yes with A2DP (stereo)
- Cable: v2.0 microUSB
- GPS: yes with A-GPS
- FM Radio: yes with RDS
- Input: capacitive touch screen, slide-out QWERTY keypad
- Stills Resolution: 3 megapixels
- Flash: n/a
- Video Recording: yes
- Operating System: Android 2.2 Froyo
- Video Formats Supported: DivX/MP4/WMV/H.263
- Audio Formats Supported: MP3/WAV/eAAC+
The local Android community is surely bustling these days.